Forensic psychiatry is a subspecialty of psychiatry that assists mentally ill people who are a risk to the public. Mentally ill offenders in prisons, secure hospitals, and members of the community are assessed and treated. The specialisation also looks into the link between mental illness and criminal behaviour and works with law enforcement. Forensic psychiatrists work together with law enforcement, probation, courts, and prisons. A forensic psychiatrist has additional training and experience in mental health beside the law.
The majority of forensic psychiatrists work in Forensic psychiatry services in the community, hospitals, prisons, and Medium secure units.
A forensic psychiatrist's specific responsibilities include:
• Risk evaluation
• Assisting patients in understanding their risk
• Support patients in lowering their risk
• Helping patients in comprehending their mental illness
• Anger management, stress management, employability, and substance abuse are all addressed.
• Rehabilitation back into society
• Offering aid to family and friends
• Strong ties to criminal justice agencies
• In charge of patient care teams
• Medication administration
• Patient representation in tribunals
• Evaluation of patients for court appearances
• Performing risk assessments on mental illness people within communities
ALSO READ Mental health Stress, Anxiety and Depression Psychotherapy ADHD Child and Adolescent Mental Health Bipolar disorder Addiction Schizophrenia Autism Psychoanalysis Mental health awareness Power of Yoga Medication Pediatric psychiatry Child Abuse Psychiatric Rehabilitation Psychosomatic Medicine Positive Psychology Clinical Neuropsychology Clinical trials Case Reports Forensic Psychology Human Resilience Mental Illness Comorbidity Forensic Psychiatry Eating Disorders Emergency Psychiatry Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology Mental Health Policies Neuroimaging Neuroscience in Psychiatry Pain Medicine Personality Disorders Psychoneuroimmunology Psychopathology Psychopharmacology Psychophysiology Psychoeducation Addictive Disorders Suicidology and Suicide Prevention Training in Psychiatry Women, Gender and Mental Health COVID-19-Diagnosis and Treatment COVID-19 for Mental Health
Pharmacology Conferences Counselling Psychology Conferences Addiction Conferences Geriatric Psychiatric Conferences Neurology Conferences Pharmacotheraphy Conferences Mental Health Conferences 2022 Middle East Psychiatry Conferences 2022 Asia Psychiatry Conferences 2022 USA Psychotherapy Conferences Stress Conferences Psychosis Conferences Alzheimer's disease Conferences Sleep Disorder Conferences Psychology Association Conferences